MLB IS THE BEST!
World Series 2014: Predictions and Odds
Opening day has come and gone in baseball. Now is the race for the pennant, the whole enchilada. We’re talking about the World Series. Every year, before opening day, there is always speculation about how teams are going to perform. But once the race starts, there are all kinds of predictions put out by almost every sportscaster, news network and armchair player. Everybody’s either glued to their TV sets or at their favorite pub watching the World Series with much gusto. Cheap MLB tickets are easy to find. Go to any stadium on slow game and you can find tix around 10 bucks in the nose bleeds.
The 2014 season is shaping up to be a great one. All the earliest predictions have the World Series being the Dodgers Vs a wide variety of teams, with the Dodgers winning it. The Dodgers are clear favorites and everybody’s gung-ho about them stealing the trophy from others, again. You may wonder why the Dodgers are favored by almost everyone. Well, here are a few reasons why:
– They did well, only losing to the Cardinals in the finals last year. Just one bad game then.
– They didn’t try to fix something that wasn’t broken. Okay, what does this mean? Well, think of it this way – They got to the playoffs last year, they had relatively no changes in agency or players, so they didn’t have to acquire much. Their batting line up, pitching staff and excellent outfield and infield, they are a force to be reckoned with.
– They have a solid team that has worked together, so no getting used to how people play, their strengths and weaknesses. They’re already known. They are one cohesive units and know how and when to play to their strengths.
– The other teams did heavy trading, while LA didn’t feel the need to do this. They’re quite content with the way the current crop has been performing.
– The Dodges have Clayton Kershaw, Hyun-Jun Ryu and ZackGreinke, which are among MLB’s best.
– Matt Kemp is healthy and back in the game. He always remains a force to reckon with.
Right now, almost every odds maker has the Dodgers going to beat all and win the 2014 World Series. With Bovada listing them at 13/2 odds very early in the season, it just may be the Dodgers who go all the way to win the World Series. It will be interesting to see if there’s a turnaround waiting in the wings. If complacency gets the better of the Dodgers then they might be in trouble.